In this episode I interview Bob Lai, the founder of Tawcan.com. We discuss dividend investing in today's economic climate. Also covered in this episode:
- When and why, Bob started dividend investing
- How did Bob build a portfolio which generates $3.6K a month in dividends, while living in Vancouver with a single income family and 2 kids
- The importance of re-investing dividends
- Is Bob still on track to gain financial independence by 2025?
- The key is to spend less than you earn
- There’s a limit to how much you can cut your expenses but no limit to how much you can earn
- Does dividend income give you freedom?
- You don’t have to be super rich to invest like this
- Reader B, a fellow Canadian is now earning $30k/month ($360,000/yr) in dividends
- Did Reader B invest millions of dollars to build this type of portfolio?
- Outside of your TFSA/RRSP/401K/IRA how much can you earn in eligible dividends and not incur any income tax?
- Bob, how do you select dividend stocks?
The story of Reader B, earning over $360,000 annually in dividends: https://www.tawcan.com/living-off-dividends-tax-free
Learn more at: https://www.simplyinvesting.com/
Disclaimer: The views and opinions shared on this channel are for informational and educational purposes only. Simply Investing Incorporated nor the author and guests shall be liable for any loss of profit or any commercial damages, including but not limited to incidental, special, consequential, or other damages. Investors should confirm any data before making stock buy/sell decisions. Our staff and editor may hold at any given time securities mentioned in this video/course/report/presentation/platform. The final decision to buy or sell any stock is yours; please do your own due diligence. Stock buy or sell decisions are based on many factors including your own risk tolerance. When in doubt please consult a professional advisor. No advice on the buying and selling of specific securities is provided. For our full legal disclaimer, please visit our website.